Wednesday 3 October 2012

Faux Ombre


I haven't retouched my hair color since April. In that time in between then and now, my black hair has grown back and now it is long enough to look like I had intentionally dyed part of my hair red intentionally away from the roots: like a Faux Ombre look. 

Ever since, I did my own hair color because I'm a cheapskate. The only downside is that I can't get to all the spots properly--I know I always miss a spot. During the last two times I dyed my hair, I finally got the courage to try a color labelled "Red." Before that, I dyed my hair a dark brown and a burgundy color but I was never satisfied with how subtle it was. And while I didn't want anything too far or wild, I did want to go out of my comfort zone. 

This particular red color in Revlon's Luminista line was great. In the flash and lights, it's exactly the color I want. However, I think I might be ready to go a shade lighter. I can't imagine what that would look like but I'm really tempted to do it soon. 

What do you think? How extreme have you gone with your hair color?

Mishie

No comments:

Post a Comment